"i'm a picker,i'm a grinner,i'm a lover and i'm a sinner,i play my music in the sun..."

Pages

18.2.10

"why the buffalo", you ask?...


so we all have a symbol from our childhood
that brings back memories,
or reminds us of someone special.
my grandma virigina was very special to me, and my siblings...
i can remember when we were little,
all cuddled up on her couch watching,
oaklahoma,
sound of music,
the king and i,
mighty mouse,
pollyanna,
meet me in st. louis,
{and so many more musicals etc.}
and sharing her big, soft, cozy,
buffalo blanket...
she also had a few other random buffalo items around the house,
{blame it on the seventies}
but the blanket was the one thing
we cherished the most.
so when she passed away, i came across her buffalo necklace,
which i was so lucky to get.
it felt appropriate to use that symbol to create a place
for me to be creative, and to be myself,
since my grandma virginia had always encouraged me/us to be just that.
she was always teaching us how to:
cook
sew
crochet
sing
laugh
to be artistic
and so much more!
{and that is not to say that i am good at any of that now...especially the singing part ;}
the buffalo will forever remind me of her,
and to always try to learn, and be creative, work hard, and to laugh.
{as cheesy as all of that sounds}

so friends!
that explains
"the buffalo"


xoxo
*buffalo gal*








1 comment:

teamBoo said...

Aww...this makes me feel guilty that there was only one blanket :( it's so true though...I think it must have good energy or something because it's my kids favorite thing to snuggle up in too. Bad dream?...they get to use buffalo. Sad day?...they want the buffalo. It's like the "cure all"

not to rub it in or anything ;)